Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

365 Project Week Danube Countdown

Stupot1610

Reaction score
This is fantastic! Great video, the newts are really cool.

Stuart

sde

Reaction score
Very neat! What was the clear, thin material she was laying and folding her eggs in?

Looks like egg laying strips, usually made out of plastic garbage bags. Caudata Culture Articles - Egg Strips They are usually used because they are easier to remove the eggs from than plants, or are easier to ship than plants, plus they are a lot less valuable so you don't lose as much money.

frogman

Reaction score
So I would like to get my Youtube channel up and running for real. Any suggestions for videos I could make? I could do IRL how to, or tank setups, or aquarium maintenance. Anything and everything you want to see.

Evan

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A good video on cycling tanks and the importance of good water quality would be worthwhile. Not very exiting I know, but its the first thing anyone should know when keeping an aquarium of any kind.

sde

Reaction score
So I would like to get my Youtube channel up and running for real. Any suggestions for videos I could make? I could do IRL how to, or tank setups, or aquarium maintenance. Anything and everything you want to see.

Evan

Awesome Evan!
I would recommend care videos, herping videos, general maintenance, health and water quality videos etc., and everybody loves a feeding video :)

frogman

Reaction score
Well thanks guys! I probably wont post most of the videos here, so subscribe to my channel if you want to be updated!

frogman

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a huge thank you to all those who showed their support on my video! Just remember if you want to see more just smash that subscribe button! Updates on my pea puffers coming soon :). Also if any of you are gamers, I created another account for video games only. And to stay in the spirit of phibs I named it Axolgames (as in axolotls) and my picture stays the same. Heres the link and hit that subscribe button because I want to get this Youtube thing off the ground so any and all support helps! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyxO7ZEbUQ-VQqysVluyeAw

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1