U.K. Ban on newts

Big question is this... since we really want to do something that will protect wildlife, when is the ban on breeding of humans to take place?

Why is it that people who consider humanity to be a scourge of the earth refuse to remove them selves from it ?

Why is it that people who consider humanity to be a scourge of the earth refuse to remove them selves from it ?
Because rocket fuel is expensive?
I'm not so sure a ban on importing wild caught will halt or limit the spread of Bsal...it may be too late regardless of how effectively it may have worked had it been suggested sooner. However, i do agree there is some merit in better controlling imports purely to improve the welfare of the animals and to encourage more captive breeding. I've seen young cynops orientalis in a pet shop, clustered in a corner of a tank, emaciated and scrambling over one another to escape the water and tropical fish! Not pleasant to see, and nor was the reaction from the girl working there when i offered suggestions on how to improve their lot. I would imagine the majority soon perished in tropical fish tanks belonging to people given the wrong information on their care. How many worldwide suffered this fate?

They opt to remove others from the Earth it seems.

Key chains with a live newt in it? That makes me sick! These are living,breathing animals that can feel pain, not a damn piece of plastic! Its crazy the world we live in that we have groups like PETA who want to ban all pets on one extreme and then those that think animals are objects. Where did common sense go and the value of an animals welfare?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back