Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The one in White Plains? That's the one that I always go to! When I'm not working my Sunday double shift (every other sunday) as I am on Sept 13 DARN DARN DARN but I should be seeing you the following sunday at the PA Ren Faire! Do you stay overnight in this area? I have Saturday off and you could stop by and see my house/tanks.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
It's the one in White Plains. It looks like I'll be going to all of them there. I'll email you about the possibility of us going to Frostbite Falls before White Plains.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there are very rarely any other caudates there. One year "everyone" had fire salamanders, a few years ago. Occasionally someone will have a paddletail or a siren, and once someone had amphiumas.

michael

Reaction score
I got my N.Y. tax number so I'll probably be doing all of the White Plains shows. It looks like I'll get to add a couple more VIP caudata.org members to my people I've met list after the show.

michael

Reaction score
Theirs some guy moving to the east coast from Texas that might show up. A couple other caudata.org people said they were be coming. It is a pretty neat show. It is not a salamander show. The only show I have ever been to that had more than one salamander vendor there was the old IAD show.

firesalamander

Reaction score
Have you ever been to the kansas city reptile expo? We might be going and I would like to know if there are any people with salamanders.

michael

Reaction score
I've never been to Kansas. I stay pretty close to home. White Plains will be the greatest distance I've traveled to do a show.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
My staff have managed to rearrange my schedule so I can attend this show!

monkeyfrogman28

Reaction score
I live in MA so I will go more than likely. Can I ask you what you will be bringing? I would like to know so I can try to find you right away instead of looking around. Last time I saw some waxy monkey frogs and was walking over to get them and some one cut in front of me and purchased them. So I like to know whose got what so I can consentrate on a area to give myself time to think.

T

tylototriton

I'll be there! I'm pretty excited to see what you'll be bringing.

michael

Reaction score
I'll be there! I'm pretty excited to see what you'll be bringing.

I hate to post to many for sale adds on this forum. Usually a couple days after I post them the animals are sold and they are out of date. You can email me and I'll give you a list or ck my add on Kingsnake.com amphibians classifieds.
shrommj@ptd.net

horsefieldi

Reaction score
I will be there. I always stop at this show on my way to work. Hoping to meet some caudata people.

michael

Reaction score
I'm getting things ready for the show. It will take some water changes on the road for the aquatic salamanders. I'll be leaving Saturday around noon and going to see how a moderator keeps her salamanders. After breaking bread with the moderator I'll head to the hotel and do some water changes. Sunday morning I'll probably do some water changes again at the show. I'll keep all of the aquatics pretty cold.

If you are planning on picking up a 6" axolotl or an Ambystoma andersoni at the show please let me know. Due to the extra work I won't be bringing a lot of these along. I'll have plenty of little gold axolotls and other salamanders.

It should be cool but please bring a small styro. and ice pack for taking your animals home.

When you stop by please let me know who you are and that you are a member of this forum. I'll look kinda of like this and will probably be wearing an axolotl.org t shirt.

shrommj@ptd.net

Attachments

• DSC_0059.jpg
    DSC_0059.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 391

firesalamander

Reaction score
Alright. I was just wondering. I recently acuired some fire salamanders and i was just curious.

monkeyfrogman28

Reaction score
Alright Michael. I will be wearing my Got frogs shirt and Got frogs hat.Plus I am like 6'5 so I should stand out. I will say Hi. Are the Alpine newts you selling sexable??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1