Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings from Kentucky

Ravensworth

Reaction score
Hello all.

So I'll quickly introduce myself. I'm a 28 year old college student/researcher from Lexington, Kentucky, United States I graduate in May, so I wont be a student much longer. My interests are biology, medicine, psychology and neuroscience.

Which leads me to here. I found out about axolotls are things that people could actually own so I got one as a pet. Im fascinated with them honestly because of their ability to regenerate and their "step back" in evolution. That being said I knew I really wanted an axolotl as a pet.

As it stands Banana-lotl (Axolotl) is my only pet besides my cat Kuro. Anyway Ill be asking questions about best care practices for Banana-lotl. I have read a lot and keep researching to be certain I'm doing the best I can for it. I'm not new to keeping fish but as we all know axolotls aren't fish. So I'm aware of water testing and water quality issues but things like being concerned with water currents are sort of new to me.

That being said I hope I can contribute to these forums in the same way you guys have helped me already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!