The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 28th April 2009   #1
Becky
(gr33neyes)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 43
Rep: gr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default breed type.

Hello peeps, I havent posted in quite a while but I saw something today that got me thinking.
A shop (pet shop) was selling axolotls and they had them named as 'Gold phase axolotli'. Now to me they just looked like golden albino's as they had red eyes. Can someone tell me if the 'Gold Phase' bit actually exists.

Old 28th April 2009   #2
Neotenic_Jaymes
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 46
Comments: 2
Rep: Neotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: breed type.

There isn't a color phase for axolotls. They were most likely gold axolotls. Petshops like to add and try to emphasize things about animals and even sometimes lie. If you want the facts just to go axolotl.org and head to the color and genetics page.

Neotenic_Jaymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009   #3
Becky
(gr33neyes)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 43
Rep: gr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Thats exactly what I was thinking. The worst part was they were being kept in totally unsuitable conditions. I have emailed the manager and will be following it through if they don't resolve the issues I alerted them to.

The price they were asking for them was unbelievable. They were asking 49.95 (fifty quid) EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only paid 12 for mine.

Old 29th April 2009   #4
Rayson
(Darkmaverick)
Veterinarian

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11

Hmm that smells like inethical marketing ploy.

Tags
breed, type