Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

wild type GFP vs. wild type non GFP

EDzExotics

Reaction score
I currently have both GFP and non GFP in wild type and the difference is amazing. The GFP is much better looking. What do you think?

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 3,948

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Thats an interesting comparison. You can really see the greenish hue. it is much more obvious than i expected.

Tanzaniterose

Reaction score
I thought GFP in wildtypes would be less visible to the naked eye but that's really noticeable. I suppose with the different wildtype variations though, particularly the darker or greener ones, it would be harder to notice in daylight.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
They look good. Their is a lot of variation in wild types. Gfp is easy to see if you look at the eyes in wild types. In lighter colored ones it's evident when looking from the top under normal light. In dark wild types it isn't as evident. They all show real easy in their bellies and eyes under a black light.

sherrisixxx

Reaction score
Sorry but what does GFP stand for? And what is the difference in the eyes of these 2 wildtypes? Thanks

kenya

Reaction score
I think they're both beautiful. The green looks great, but the non GFP is equally gorgeous. But I'm a sucker for any of the wild looking pets. The wild colour in rats is Agouti, and it's gorgeous.

2os4sds

Reaction score
Nice photos,you can see the difference.Both good looking.:happy:

TheDoyel

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if they get any "darker" as they get older. Mine used to look just a little darker than that, now they look almost black without a light on the tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!