Question: Who's the daddy?

HattoriHannes

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
So I've ended up with a few (hundred) little ones, and I'm quite uncertain when it comes to their genetics. Could you guys help me sort this out?

The mother is a copper, at least that's what I was told. I've read contradicting info about eye color in coppers, but her eyes are black. This is her:
IMG_6806.jpg

The eggs were white and the babies are very light in color, but they do have some pigment:
IMG_5457.JPGIMG_7224.jpg

These are the potential fathers, a cute copper and a chonky lucy:
IMG_7322.jpg

Do coppers look this light when young, or is something else happening here?

I have no info on the parents of any of them, but the two coppers are most likely siblings as they were the same size when I got them together.

Thanks for any help!

Extra pics of the males:
IMG_7188.jpgIMG_7324.PNG

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back