Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Large lump on head

Touissaint

Reaction score
Well just 10 minutes ago I notice this large lump on my axies head, so large the skin near its eye was somewhat streched and looked a little slanted. Carlos-Jose has not been eating aswell and when it moves it figits and struggles somewhat. What can I do to speed up healing and what can I do on the feeding, should I get live food

ianclick

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you post a photo so we can have a look?

Its really hard to say without seeing it. In the meantime you can try fridging it. The least it will do is help your axie de-stress

Have you checked your water parameters and temperature? A major issue would identifying what caused the "lump on the Head". This might hold the answers to the not eating.

Sometimes there is no cure like time. In the meantime you could try live earthworms, slaters or crickets.

Just wondering do you have any cats?

Touissaint

Reaction score
I broke my camera and my phone can't send them to my computer. Also the water balance is just right and temperature I can't tell, I bought him in a petstore that said they raise them in a little below room temp and they do well. I've had him since march in these conditions and I think because he darts around and hits the glass, but I'm not sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!