Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Newbie from Canada!

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am a new aquarium owner and currently in the process of cycling my tank in preparation for two axolotl! :')
I'm from Newfoundland, which is in Canada! There's only one pet store in my city that sells axolotl so I'm super excited to get them once I'm cycled!
Super nice to meet all of you, this website has been super informative for me and answered all my questions that I've had since acquiring my new tank!
:D

Tiger mom Tammy

Reaction score
Welcome to the community! Glad to have you join us! Lots of experienced axolotl keepers here that can help you. BTW. I really loved Canada, beautiful country and I hope to go back there one day : )

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
Welcome to the community! Glad to have you join us! Lots of experienced axolotl keepers here that can help you. BTW. I really loved Canada, beautiful country and I hope to go back there one day : )

Awe, thank you so much! I've already been getting some super helpful advice and tips so I think that this place will be an invaluable resource for me!
I adore being Canadian, it very much is a gorgeous place! ;)
I'd love to see the whole world someday, I'm 25 and never been on a plane! :(

NaterPotater

Reaction score
You're new, but you're on the right track judging by the fact that you've already got a little green square for your reputation :) haha.

There are no pet stores near me that sell axolotls (that I know of), so I had to get mine from breeders that I met online. I have a total of 4. Three 7-month-olds in a 40-gallon tank and one almost-year-old male in a 20 gallon tank until the juveniles are big enough for him to not kill them. haha.

Show us a picture of your tank!

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
You're new, but you're on the right track judging by the fact that you've already got a little green square for your reputation :) haha.

There are no pet stores near me that sell axolotls (that I know of), so I had to get mine from breeders that I met online. I have a total of 4. Three 7-month-olds in a 40-gallon tank and one almost-year-old male in a 20 gallon tank until the juveniles are big enough for him to not kill them. haha.

Show us a picture of your tank!

Awe, that's a good thing then! :) Everyone here has been super nice to me so far and helpful as well!
I bet they're all adorable, I'm hoping to have two when it's all said and done! I live on an island so I'm not sure having them shipped to me would be a viable option (for the sake of the axies at least!) so I'm hoping to get mine from a local petstore that gets them in once in a while!
Here's my tank! It's 30 gallons and two weeks into the cycling process! :D
12764465_10153922591647629_6904873729644510928_o.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!