John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
I created Caudata.org in 2001 as a community for people to exchange information, ideas and captive bred newts and salamanders. For over 10 years the site was funded by the donations of its members – thank you!

For the past few years I have funded the site from my own pocket. After consulting with the admins, I’ve decided to implement Google Adsense advertising on the site on a trial basis to see if the site’s traffic will pay for its upkeep.

The Google advertisements will only appear on the forum, at least for the time being.

Thank you.

I think adverts on the net are just a fact of life these days, so much so that they don't really register with me any more. If the adds provide a hassle free way of keeping the site and forum online I think it's a small price to pay in the end, better than no site at all.

I fixed an issue with the menu bar. The dropdown menu options were going behind the top advert. Please continue the feedback!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back