Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Rescued axie with purple lump on his neck

kumamon

Reaction score
Hi,

I took in a little guy who was housed in terrible condition to attempt to get him back to health.

He has a list of issues, but the only issue I'm unsure how to treat is the strange purple lump on his neck.

I don't think it has enlarged since I got him but it definitely hasn't gotten smaller. The colour seems to be.. intensifying. Today it seems to have a small black dot, kind of like a blackhead pimple. I don't feel comfortable squeezing it, nor do I think that is even possible without causing him pain.

Should I get him antibiotics or just wait and see.

Thank you in advance!

- Chloe

(also if the pictures attach.. sorry about the bad quality, I didn't want to turn the flash on and bother him).

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture?
Thanks
Also see the care articles link in my sig and scroll down to "health and illness."

kumamon

Reaction score
Sorry! I didn’t notice that the photos didn’t post. This was him a couple days ago (sorry for bad quality, I didn’t want to turn the flash on). I’ll upload pictures of it today as it seems to have popped. It’s extremely red and what came out (or at least I think) is like a long stringy red... thing. It could be poop but I’m not entirely sure because I was away yesterday and only got back today. He isn’t looking very healthy so I don’t think he is going to make it but I am trying to do my best for him.

Thank you for you help!

Attachments

• 0EF9EC30-1CE2-413A-9285-BD823BDE5855.jpg
    0EF9EC30-1CE2-413A-9285-BD823BDE5855.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 1555B6AB-422D-4E30-8593-EC50EFDC6D2E.jpg
    1555B6AB-422D-4E30-8593-EC50EFDC6D2E.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 257

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So something popped out of that? I think I might just keep an eye on it and hope that better living conditions will allow it to heal.
If you can take it to the vet, that is always a good option.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!