Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Heavy bloat pleurodeles waltl.

Davy58

Reaction score
Hello forum members,

My 15 yo P Waltl. Has come down with bloat. It started after my last post when he had white spots on his back.. I gave him a few salt baths and his skin slowly got better.. So I've put him back with the others. A few weeks after that he was getting fatter. I did not put him in quarantaine.. The other 3 are fine. Still he's eating and swimmin normal. Turns back around when 'flipped'. Only his belly is bloated. He's like this for 5 months now.

Are there people who expierenced this? And can it be helped? Ive read the article about bloat from 2002..

Dont want to lose him.

Thanks,

Davy

Attachments

• DSC_0138.jpg
    DSC_0138.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 252

GoldenGal

Reaction score
So sorry to read about your guy! What is his status? I just joined a few days ago, and came across your post, which looks like it's from May. Did he get better? My Tiger Salamander is currently bloated, and I have taken her to several vets to try to find the cause. She stopped eating over a month ago, but one of the vets showed us how to feed her a formula with a syringe. We have also just begun letting her soak in a half inch of Ringer's amphibian solution each night. We have a return appointment with the vet this Friday. Would like to know if you were able to find the cause of the bloat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!