What type of axolotl do I have

Suspectvenom

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cant seem to figure out what type if axolotl I have . I believe I have a copper axolotl. But not sure. Can anyone please help. I will attach photos

Attachments

• 20200105_090443.jpg
    20200105_090443.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 195
Looks like a dark copper, possibly a wild type though. Try shining a light on it and see what color the pupil is. Coppers tend to have red pupils like albinos.

Looks like a dark copper, possibly a wild type though. Try shining a light on it and see what color the pupil is. Coppers tend to have red pupils like albinos.

The eyes have a green glow in the middle . What does that mean?

I cant seem to figure out what type if axolotl I have . I believe I have a copper axolotl. But not sure. Can anyone please help. I will attach photos
my axolotl has green glow in eyes. If it gfp?

Attachments

• 20200108_205912.jpg
    20200108_205912.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 182
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back