The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 5th August 2011   #1
Sean
(Sean89)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Sean89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Greetings from Far north Queensland, Australia!

Hello everyone my names sean, I am 21 years old and I live in nth Qld, Australia. I enjoy camping, fishing, my good old dirt bikes and having a wicked mix. (dj to people who dont know what mixing is) :) I work as a refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic. Guess you can say like owner like pet, i like my temperatures cold . I am the proud owner of a gorgeous female golden-albino axolotl named taco who is currently 12 months old.

I have a 80 litre corner tank with a sufficient filter. I currently have 1 inch garden rocks (will be changed very shortly to a kind of sand) and a full covered reptile cave for her to hide in. It does not have a lid on the tank, do you guys recommend a lid/cover? she has a few plants and some nice pieces of wood. For keeping her tank nice and cool (up north here temperatures reach up to 34 degrees celcius) i actually found a heater up here that can keep your temperature at a set point of 17 degrees!!! i know, i couldnt believe it either it helps sooo much especially over summer.

Well thats all i can really think of at the moment. Thanks for the time guys. If you have any questions just ask

I would just like to add, i had posted on this site before i made an introduction post and i want to point out how very helpful everyone has been and the answers that were given to me were very informative. I have recommended this site to a few friends who are also axolotl owners and my sister who is a reptile enthusiast. Keep up the GREAT work guys.

Sean89 is offline   Reply With Quote