Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Name suggestions? (Also tank suggestions welcome)

lotldad

Reaction score
Hello, Caudata!
I'm new to the site and am proud to have used the information on this awesome forum page to help revamp my sweet Boogs' tank. Before, it was small and pretty dirty, because I didn't know better about the tank care. I only just transferred Boogs tonight, but I already think he's enjoying his new home.
While Boogs is Boogs' current name, I'm not totally set on him being called Boogs. I've had him for a good number of years now, and when I first got him I wasn't feeling very creative with naming conventions, so I just called him 'lotl. Now that I'm a little older and more attached to the little fella, I wanted to see if I could find a more fun and perhaps suitable name for my little booger.
Feel free to comment with either name suggestions or suggestions for things I can add to or change about the tank set-up. (Note that usually it's pretty dark in this room, I only had the lights on to take pics.) I'm open to either one. :) Mostly I'm just excited to be here. :D

Attachments

• tumblr_prs8hjrs5v1ty03ft_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prs8hjrs5v1ty03ft_1280.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 503
  • tumblr_prs8hh06Be1ty03ft_1280.jpg
    tumblr_prs8hh06Be1ty03ft_1280.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 486

Radiator3

Reaction score
Aw he’s so cute! I think Ravioli is an adorable name. Also for things to put in your tank, I put cut the bottom and top off of a plastic water bottle (tapped up the sharp edges) and used tape to attach a string so I could attach it to my lid. This created a floating tube for him to swim up to and around it. He seems to enjoy it and it’s quite fun watching him play around with it. :happy:

lotldad

Reaction score
Aw he’s so cute! I think Ravioli is an adorable name. Also for things to put in your tank, I put cut the bottom and top off of a plastic water bottle (tapped up the sharp edges) and used tape to attach a string so I could attach it to my lid. This created a floating tube for him to swim up to and around it. He seems to enjoy it and it’s quite fun watching him play around with it. :happy:

Ravioli IS adorable! Also, that bottle idea is kind of awesome. Does he ever swim through it, or is it more just of a bumping it around type situation?
I might try it, I've noticed a few times that he likes to swim up to the top of the tank and just like, bite at the air and swim back down. He might like to bump something around up there.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
I usually name mine after pop culture references, my juveniles are Carol Danvers and Thor lol but random cute names are great, I love ravioli!
Small plastic shower shelves that suction to the glass are great for them to sit on. I have an old turtle dock that I use. I forced it to sit under the water (it's a floating dock) and my 2 love it. I've seen people use fine mesh hammocks as well, I'm planning on making one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!