Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Axolotl

2os4sds

Reaction score
Hi :happy: I'm new here.We just got our first Axolotl a couple of days ago.He is eating well, and walking around his tank.He is about 15cm ,I took some photos today.

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 206
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 199
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 186

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a very pretty axolotl.

Nice setup and I love that vase ornament. One of my tanks has some very similar vase ornaments, these make great hides, and my axolotls can't get enough of them.

Welcome to the site!

2os4sds

Reaction score
Thank you :happy:. We are enjoying him.He loves his vase, good for hiding in, and also good for sitting on.:rolleyes:

2os4sds

Reaction score
Here's a better photo showing his cute face.:happy:

Attachments

• A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 164

2os4sds

Reaction score
Thank you Darkmaverick :happy: Think I have outdone that cute photo, with this one I took today.:cool:

Attachments

• A6.jpg
    A6.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 161

AS

Reaction score
Hey there,
I think you did outdo the other cute picture. So gorgeous!
I am new here too and got our first axolotl 2 months ago.
They are so much fun aren't they? Enjoy.
Cheers,
Amy

2os4sds

Reaction score
Hi Amy :happy: Thanks.I think I have just worked out from information here,that my axolotl might be a girl.:love: (She looks like the female cloacal photo).No wonder she's so cute.I have to think of a name now.I'm learning new things everytime I come here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1