Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Axolotl Pond?

NinjaGoodra

Reaction score
My friend is building an outside pond. We have been thinking about putting axolotls in the pond. How hard is this? Would we be able to put koi and other fish in pond with it? We live in Tennessee, do you think that this is an appropriate climate? Thank you in advance.

TheAxolotlMan

Reaction score
I'm not sure how hard it would be but I'm guessing you'd have to cover the pond or do something else to prevent birds from getting to them. I don't think you'd be able to put anything besides minnows and guppies, fish wise but maybe shrimp or other in inverts would be ok. I'm not sure how Tennessee is climate wise but as long as the pond doesn't get over 72 F and is cool most of the year it should be fine.

auntiejude

Reaction score
You can't keep koi or anything else with axolotls. And you would need some kind of cover to protect them from other predatory wildlife.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!