Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamandra. giglioli hibernation brumation Question

MisterWayne

Reaction score
I have two Salamandra Giglioli, sub adults (8-10 month olds) I want to start hibernation/ brumation next winter so I am doing my research now. How long does everyone keep them down for? and at what temps?

Thanks in advance for you advice!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I have two Salamandra Giglioli, sub adults (8-10 month olds) I want to start hibernation/ brumation next winter so I am doing my research now. How long does everyone keep them down for? and at what temps?

Thanks in advance for you advice!
I know no one has responded to this but this is better late than never. Most people don't brumate them. Fires seem to benefit from seasonal changes in daylight duration and temperature, but they can be active and eating all year round in the right conditions. All of mine generally get down to around 8 degrees Celsius/46F in the winter and up to a max of about 23 degrees C/73F in the summer.
Posted via Mobile Device

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!