Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl white spots

Millenium

Muted
Reaction score
G'day

I'm currently worried about my axolotl i have had him for three days and his got this weird white spots on his tail like his skins falling off or turning white.

i put a photo in a file attachment its a terrible photo but i had to do it in bad focus cause i didnt want to scare him

anyways the white spots are on his tail and are clearly visable.

can you please help i dont want him dying on me

thanks

Attachments

• BILD0068.jpg
    BILD0068.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9,062

Millenium

Muted
Reaction score
will that fridge trick work

look common i need help i gettin worried here

i fed him a little to much today could that be it
could it be the water
could it be stress

what the hells wrong with him

his only had it since like a few hours ago he was fine before that

Kerry1968

Reaction score
If you are concerned it's a seriuos problem then put him in the fridge, follow instructions written in the forums, plenty of posts on this subject if you do a forum search. It won't hurt him to put him in the fridge, in fact he'll de-stress.

What are your water parameters? Temperature, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, Ph. Have you got hiding places for you axie? How long have you had the tank set up? what kind of filter are you using, does it have a strong water flow?

It's very hard to see from that photo, but to me it looks like normal pigmentation. If you can get a better photo then that'd be great.

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with your axie. Those are normal pigmentation.

Millenium

Muted
Reaction score
i was trying to get a better photo but the light in the room isnt to good and i dont want to scare him to much if i can help it

so i cant really

im not sure on the ph atm

the water is fresh water with aquaone water conditioner that sat for 2 days with the filter going before putting him in

the water flow was quite strong or maybe not for gold fish but was for an axie so i put the filter to shoot out to the side which seemed to solve the problem

im going to use an air pump and put the limiter on my filter to lower it as much as possible

he was put in 3 days ago

for a bottom his using sand and for a hiding spot which was put in yesterday due to availability problems is square put cut in half with a hack saw he hasnt even gone in it he'd rather spread out along the sand next to it.

and also sorry for freaking out i've spent over 500 bucks on this and i dont want to lose him to something stupid thats all

and its not the money i really want this to work out it would just seem like a waste to lose it all now

Millenium

Muted
Reaction score
btw temperature is around norml tap water temperature

bwtween 17 and 19 degrees celcios

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Millenium, this is an international forum. We require that all members use proper English. This includes, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Please adhere to this rule.

As for your axolotl, it looks fine.

Millenium

Muted
Reaction score
thanks

it is proper english this is forum typing try it sometime much quicker :)

ianclick

Reaction score
Hi Millenium,

I agree with Rayson I can't see anything wrong from your photo, it looks like pigmentation, If you are worried then fridging will not harm your axolotl.

As Kaysie pointed out, Only post in Proper English you agreed to it when you joined the forum. Just for the record text speak and forum typing are bastardisations and not considered proper English.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It may be quicker for you to type, but it's nigh on impossible to read.

If you do not adhere to the rule, you may incur enough infraction points to be banned from the forum. Have respect for your fellow readers and take a few more seconds to make your posts readable.

Millenium

Muted
Reaction score
Well I already recieved the infraction point thanks.

Thank You everyone its a relief to know his ok. I heard this site was a reliable source of info people eager to help.

SO Thank You

Zolotl

Reaction score
Looks to me like it normal pigmentation on the tail, but the photos a bit blurred, hard to see.

Millenium

Muted
Reaction score
Yeh sorry about thatI couldn't get it better the camera couldn't focus properly its a digital camera.

so im sorry

yeh i was worried that it might have been some fungal infection but it isn't flaky or anything just seems my axie is doing a Michael Jackson trick.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1