What color are these babies?

Jessdino

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
axolittle
This is my first time raising baby Axolotls. The mother is albino and the dad is melanoid. All the babies look the same though! They all look speckled or like golden albinos. What do you think they’ll be?
61F11D94-8CF5-41E2-BBD0-ACCDF4AF3474.jpg

92C3881B-5C9B-419D-8B9C-218FB6476C12.jpg

6FD744B3-DF0E-4932-BBBE-828C92793432.jpg

The ones that look melaniod have inherited the melaniod gene and thats what they will be. The yellow ones of golden albino. If you want me to further give info like gene types if can. (ex. m/m, a/a). Bye!

Definitely thinking all the dark ones are wild by the looks of the shiney and speckles. I've had a few albinos lighten up a bit and no longer look golden, but most are still the yellow color.

axies.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back