Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Red spots and swollen arms!! Help!!! (Axolotl)

catfifteen

Reaction score
Hi!! I've recently adopted an albino axolotl, it has been healthy for the past two days, but I've noticed it starting to develop red spots under its chin. It's arms are swollen and red, tissue is falling off as well. The spots are getting darker and more swollen over time, I'm panicking! The man who sold me this axolotl told me to keep it in a tank, no filter, nothing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can improve its tank!!! I'm going back to the aquarium shop for an upgrade tomorow!! I've also linked two pics!! Please help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8564.jpg
    IMG_8564.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_8568.jpg
    IMG_8568.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 244

auntiejude

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss.
For future reference, any swelling or red spots are usually due to a bacterial infection, and needs to be treated quickly. I recommend having some Furan-2 on hand, as septacaemia (which is what I suspect your axie had) can kill within 24 hours.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!