Urspelerpes brucei, Patch-nosed Salamander

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
New species, and even a new genus. The other amazing thing is that these sals are incredibly tiny.
http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26017
I have some photos from Dick Bartlett that I will post on CC shortly. Thank you to Dick for tipping me off to this. It was just published in Journal of Zoology.

Well thats encouraging to see that even on a continent as heaviley populated as North America there are still new species to be found. quite attractive too, I dont think it mentioned but do they prefer warmer temperature's or are they typical of most Caudates?

The species account for these needs to be updated: they are also found in adjoining South Carolina.

The species account for these needs to be updated: they are also found in adjoining South Carolina.
In one county I believe in SC. I'll update the information and send to Jen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back