Herping for P. cinereus and Eurycea bislineata

Though they are a little more formidable, I have seen Desmognathus ocrophaeus on tall (1.5+) tree stumps.

Re: Herping for P. cinereus. and Eurycea bislineata

Could be the female was foraging and the males followed her scent trail.

She could have been foraging or maybe she was just investigating the flowing water source and when it stopped turned back down the tree. This was just the first time I had seen any Eurycea bislineata up on a side of tree let alone five of them. I knew something was was going on. Once I saw her developing eggs through her skin I started to think courtship.

Other than the "Happy Bunny Club" in the axolotl section, I think most people on this forum understand the 'circle of life', for lack of a better term. While we do appreciate caudates for their awesomeness, we also understand that they are sometimes prey for other animals. It's just how it happens. It's not cruel, it's not mean. It just is.

It may be a little uncouth to write about it here, but I think we're all big enough to handle it. And it spawns interesting conversation.

Coastal, have you ever tried feeding any other types of sals to your snakes? I wonder if they'd eat axolotls. You could have an unending supply!
How does one join this "happy bunny club":D, just joshing you but this definitely is an interesting thread

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back