Paramesotriton additions

T

tj

Three new Paramesotriton here for inspection! These are some of those that I mentioned had faint red dorsal lines/stripes.

All three have the same skin texture, which is neither warty nor prickly like the other two kinds in my collection posted:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/8/694.html?1037351783

Two of the three are definitely the same species or subspecies. The third is probably a variation of the same, but is a different color -- which I first thought was brown but when examined closely in bright light turns out to be almost green...(which I've only seen before in caudopunctatus!)

Would be very interested in hearing some educated guesses as to what they are!
smile.gif

They were being sold as hongkongensis and I'm assuming for now that's precisely what they are...

(by the way, trapped air bubbles are the cause of that whitish/silver color on their bodies in a couple if the pics)

Tim

1570.jpg

1571.jpg

1572.jpg

1573.jpg

1574.jpg

Yeah, those look to be hongkongensis. I've had a green one myself. Hongkongensis are generally smooth as far as Paramesotritons go. The prominent cranial ridges are a dead giveaway.

Lane

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back