Trying again

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
4 years after having to give up my axolotl Natsu due to high temperatures I have decided to try again. This is my 120 gallon and I hope to add a maximum of 5 lotls to the family.

Attachments

• B8F7395B-2E6D-4309-9AD6-43829C303F46.jpg
    B8F7395B-2E6D-4309-9AD6-43829C303F46.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 171
Looks nice. I'm a big fan of moss balls so I love seeing other people use them, you've got a long tank there which is good, and I'm really digging the little shelf kind of situations..what are those? I've been wanting to rig something up in my big tank.

I had originally read 120 gallon as 120 L and was wondering if you were getting a second tank if you planned on having 5, but that's nice and roomy for that number axies, although I don't envy you the water changes.

Water changes aren’t too bad. I have an aquarium python to handle it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back