Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Melanoid or Wildtype Juvenile?

maddief

Reaction score
Hey,
I have 2 photos of my brand new juvenile axie. He came from parents that were one Leucistic and one Wildtype. The breeder said that there is not shiny ring around his eyes which indicates a Wildtype. I'm just curious because his colour is fairly light, although she said he will get darker.. Can anyone help/ give opinion?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 247

layna

Reaction score
Its a little harder to tell when theyre that little. However leucistic are usually a lot paler and have a pink tinge to them even that small.

My guess would be most likely a wiltype but a possible melanoid.

When I first got my Stitch he was see through with a gold speckled head, I was convinced he was a wild type but the older he got, he lost all his sparkle. He is now a beautiful melaniod (see DP) :)

Last edited:

maddief

Reaction score
Wow, he is so beautiful! I hope my guy is a melanoid, he's already getting darker and he doesn't have as many shimmery speckles as he used to. Thanks for the opinion! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!