Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Moderating posts

natterjack

Reaction score
I'm just curious to know as a recently joined member, how much longer will my posts be checked individually before they can be posted to a thread?

Last edited:

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posts are moderated until your reputation reaches a certain level. I think its when you reach the fourth green square, but I'll find out for certain. Not all your posts are moderated before they are visible though. You can post right away in the General and off topic areas, as well as Newt and Salamander help and the whole Axolotl section. The ones that are moderated, like the advanced species topics and the Vivaria section are often turned to by occasional users and non members as being 100% factual and correct as far as we know at present, so its important to keep them free from anything that isn't.

natterjack

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. How does one build reputation and when posts have passed scrutiny are they placed in the order they were intended? Just curious to know as if a lot of others were posting in the meantime the flow of the conversation may have changed if added after those?

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the posts become visible in the order they were posted, so if you respond first to the last post in a thread, yours will appear immediately below it once its been approved.
Reputation can be given by any member of the site by clicking on the picture of the scales below your profile. Rep is generally given when someone finds your post helpful, or they appreciate it in some other way, nice photographs, well planned enclosures, or any other shared knowledge etc.
Negative rep can also be given for incorrect information or unfounded opinions presented as fact, or posts that are offensive in some other way.
If you feel you've been given undeserved negative rep, you can contact a site moderator or administrator and we'll look into it for you.
Hope this helps. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!