Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Vitamise waxmoth larvae

mr cyclone

Reaction score
This is more of a question for the Pro's . If i were to sprinkle lesser waxmoth larvae culturing media with Nutrabol or mixed it in to the medium,would this boost the calcium vitamin d etc of the lesser waxmoth itself ?
I realise isopods are a good source of calcium,and sprinkling crickets with nutrabol increases their nutritional value.But theres lots of snow here and finding isopods or buying/culturing them is a bit unrealistic at the moment.
I am feeding some of my newts hatchling crickets but when i dust them they seem to die because they are so small(must be the dust)
would sprinkling a few pinches into a lesserwaxmoth culture make them more calcium rich or kill them off,Or do nothing?

May be a silly question,thought i would ask all the same
thanks

mr cyclone

Reaction score
I dont know if the dust would stay on them prior to feeding but i could mix the nutrabol dust with the honey as i mix it into the medium.That way the worms would have no choice but to ingest ,i would hope this would be passed on to the newt??

alexps

Reaction score
I dip my wax worms in a small amount of water then in to the vitamin power then feed them this only works for the newts that feed on land lol I did think about injecting directly into the wax worms but the dipping works for me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!