Banded Newt

D

damian

Here's a photo of one of my juvenile Banded Newts T. v. ophryticus.I couldn't find many photo's of Bandeds on this site so I thought I'd add one.Hopefully I'll be able to photograph an adult male in breeding dress one day.

Also gave me an excuse to mess around with the camera again!
Damian
11325.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say you should mess around with it more! Awesome picture Damian!

Here's a pic from last years breeding effort. He was a happy boy.
11343.jpg

that's an awesome picture, banded newts are so pretty! They're like an enhanced version of Triturus Vulgaris. ;)

Are the foods on the bottom blackworms BTW?

(Message edited by coen on January 19, 2004)

Excellent photo David,Hopefully some of my juveniles will turn into adult males like this one sometime in the future.Any way of telling the sex of juvenile Bandeds?
Here's a couple more shots of mine

11387.jpg

11388.jpg

11389.jpg

Hi Damian,
Once again great pics.
Did you breed these your self?

Hi Mark
I didn't breed these myself,I got them from Martin Davies last year and they are doing very well.
I'll post some pics of my setups (as promised) at the weekend.
Damian

Hi Damian,
3 questions i've got to ask you:
1)How big are these wonderful juvies?
2)What are you feeding them?
3)What type of moss is that in the first pic?
Thanks in advance, Mark

(Message edited by Mark_uk on January 25, 2004)

Mark,
My juveniles vary in size from 4-10 cm,they are being fed on chopped Earthworms,Aphids and other small insects such as Springtails that are in the moss when it's collected.I'm not sure of the name of the moss,I found it growing on an old wall nearby.
Damian

hi everyone i thought i would try to post this picture of a male banded newt that i raised from a baby.i have never seen this species aquatic before but now i have i think they are amazing creatures and very colourful in full crest i think i might have eggs too thanks to morg .sorry about the photo im new to digital photography cheers justin
your_image.gif

board-post.cgi

sorry i will try again justin
11701.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back