<i>Hynobius dunni</i>

Mark, H. dunni are indeed wonderful critters
biggrin.gif
though like most Hynobiids they spend most of the time hiding. I don't have an particularly presentable setup. They just live in a couple of layers of moss. Pin-pin, glad to see you leaving your Taricha shell
lol.gif
It's not only the green that's impressive ...check out the blue-spotted legs on these ones:

13065.jpg

(Message edited by TJ on March 23, 2005)

The one in the pic above is 7.5 cm now. Not all are that blue though. This runt here is perhaps the least blue one I have:

13073.jpg

Well when I get my caemra up and running I will make some shots of my juveniles which are somewhat different in overall coloration ... it's still quite different from yours, but still undoubtfully the same species

Nice pics Tim, amazing coloration.
Henk, i look forward to seeing your pics, can you describe the color of yours seems you don't have any photos?

Less orange alike then Tims and eithe having large black dots or no black dots (some are also black but get into drap brown later). Yellowish tail a bit more pronounced.

I'm keen to see those pics Henk.

All of mine came from the same egg sac. Most are dark green but some are light green. Here's a pic showing the contrast:

13402.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back