<i>Hynobius leechii</i>-data needed

P

paris

i am needing data on these animals for a short data sheet i will post infront of their tank -my store is near opening and this is one of the tanks that is easily viewed by the public out in the hallway. i am looking for locality data (more specifically an online map), clutch sizes, breeding season, sexual dimorphism characteristics (if any), life span, time to sexual maturity, ideal housing temps, natural habitat description, avalibility in the US (how many others keep them here?), size in cm, courtship behaviuor, etc.

what i have so far is that their common name is korean salamander and that they come from north east china and the korean peninsula. i have an older book that says the hynobid family are reffered to as the most primitive tailed amphibians and there are no fossil records for these sals.it also mentions the egg sacs are equal to or larger in length than the adults. does anyone disagree with this data?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back