Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: 10 days now...

Methodzki

Reaction score
Hi all.

As some of you know I have problems with my leucistic male. For those who don't a long story short: he is a fussy eater and often pukes from time to time, and he does nit grow as fast like the others... Well he is the longest but the slimest.

Anyway, to find some answers I swaped him with my female wildtype so he woud be in a tank alone and I can track beter on what he is doing. And as i was feeding him with the earthworms he was eating happily and I was happy that it was not coming back from the front, what I am worried is that in is not coming out from the back either! Today is 10 days and he hasn't pooped at all. That is not normal I guess so any advice? Is it time for the fridge? If yes for how long? If he wont poop is it vet?

Oh and I know the line of questions so quick answers:

1. All water parameters are in norm apart from hardness with is above normal but it is ok (I heard). Temperature is 20C.

2. No he had never been on a substrate he could swallow.

3. Should I give you photos of him not pooping? ;)

So please... Any advice?

Many thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!