!help! with pictures

probably not likely its ammonia then unless she does big poos in there and you dont clean em out straight away... has she done it more than once? may be parasites then if she has

i have them both together, but only one is going it. Shes not doing it often, only during and a bit after salt baths.
Also how long can a sick axie last without eating? they are starting to look really really thin :|

(Message edited by DVSGAL on January 12, 2006)

id say shes just getting irritated by the salt baths then, as long as you put her back into salt free water i wouldnt worry, how strong are you making the salt baths?

axies can go quite a long time without eating, depending on the situation of course ie axies in the fridge can go longer without food due to slower metabolism etc

im doing 1 teaspoon of salt per 1Ltr of water.
I say most of the fungi is gone, so how much longer should i keep doing salt baths?

until its all gone, and once it is you can stop but keep a close eye on her just incase it comes back...

Sweet thanks
happy.gif

time to dig up the ground and look for earth worms

Well good news tekno has stopped scratching her gills. Bad news is the power went off yesterday afternoon and didnt come back till this morning and the fridge got warm and and fungi is worse. They are both back on 2 salt baths again. both of their tails are bent because they are really stressed.
I feel sorry for them, all the stress they have to go through
sad.gif

I dont know if this has someting to do with genetics or something like that, but my black axie is getting better quicker than my yellow axie. they are getting the same treatment same amounts as salt etc etc. My yellow one seams to be getting skinnier, while the darker one is holding its weight. Does anyone know why?

i've never had a golden albino but i've heard that goldens are the weakest, and wild types are the strongest. maybe because of inbreeding for the colour? well anyway, i hope they both pull through fine
happy.gif

I checked on them this morning and my wild one is going strong, all active again like nothing happend. My golden one is still slow and still has a lot more recovering to do. Should i seperate them? because i have them together.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back