My axolotls first batch of eggs!!

axokyle

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Kyle
Well tuesday 15th match 2011 was a very exciting day for me and Mel (Melfly) my pair of axolotls i got from her July last year had its very first batch of eggs!

Wild is male and Albino is female. There both only just about 1 year old and 6-7 inch long so Mel was quite surprised she has laid so early. :D

16032011013.jpg

Oh how lovely! Theres something very wonderful about that photo.

Congratulations, and make sure you keep posting pictures!

(Oh, and if you are considering rehoming some of the little ones, both my brothers are in Leeds, and I know at least one of them has an empty tank that needs filling!)

That's a pretty tank!

Congrats on the eggs.

Beautiful! And nice tank set up :happy:

Have a blast with the babies!

Thanks :) I do prefer it when they leave the plants alone and stop digging them up Haha But o well we cant win them all.

They have hatched this week and looks to be a nice mix of Wild, White and Albino. Only kept about 10 just to see what they are like as i know 1st batches are known for not surviving sadly :(

LOL Just what Mel's house needs more baby axies. Congrats and lovely tank!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back