The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 11th August 2008   #1
HitmanSougo13

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: HitmanSougo13 has given good advice and informationHitmanSougo13 has given good advice and information
Talking how does one determine the rough age of an axolotl?

Hi guys,

I got my Axolotl last month, he was sold among a bunch of baby axolotls or that was what I was told. He was about 3 inches and now he's grown to be about 4 inches and a tiny bit longer. I'm wondering how old that size of an axolotl is roughly and how long it takes for him to grow into an adult size. Thank you! =)

HitmanSougo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008   #2
Jacob Bidinger
(Jake)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: how does one determine the rough age of an axolotl?

The axolotl is probably about 4-5 months old, but it really depends on how well it was fed and what it was fed as a baby, and what temperature it was raised at. It will be about 'full size' this time next year if you feed it well on worms or a nutritious carnivorous fish pellet diet. They keep growing their whole life like other amphibians and never actually reach a full size.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age, axolotl, axolotl?, determine, rough