Plastic Paradise

M

mark

I rarely take photos of my set-ups, mainly because I keep them as simple as possible with no substrate and mainly plastic plants. Makes for easy cleaning but boring photos. Anyway here's a pic of one of my Pleuro larvae tanks. This one contains the largest larvae on the verge of morphing. Sometimes even simple tanks can look quite nice...
51423.jpg

Mum and Dad still at it...
blush.gif

51424.jpg

Quite nice, Mark, I'd say it's somewhere between "simple" and... "unsimple"? Simple with attractive complexity. What is the wood-like item?

Well it's all fake apart from a handful of pond weed from the garden. The wooden structure is one of those fake root system castings you can buy in most aquatic shops. It covers a large fluvial filter on it's side and the chunk of slate sits over the output to minimize the current.

Your tank is "simple"? I would say that it is very beautifull and looks very natural too!

Hey Felipe are you the one that came ta new zealand 2 years ago??

Hey Brett, I think that is not me! I've never travelled to New Zealand... Why?

It looks good to me. Most of my tanks don't have real plants and aren't aquascaped. I find them easier to work with and sometimes better for the animals. Your tank looks a lot nicer than most of mine.

Michael:

As an owner/breeder of note, I'd be interested in seeing some of your Tylo tanks posted. Especially your Shanjing and Verrucosus set ups.

Gord

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back