Danube Laying

frogman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Evan
Unfortunately the waltl eggs all turned up duds :( But two days later, my dobros began laying
yhy7u6y9.jpg

I'm pretty sure these are fertile because I found a spermataphore
zeju6ada.jpg

I did buy a male today and he is coming tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Evan

All the best of luck with those! Hope they are fertile, sorry about your last load. :) keep updating :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

They are fertile, I am documenting the day by day development of an egg.

Once they start laying you will probably get a lot of eggs. About 20% will turn out to be bad alas, but enough will devellop. If you gather your eggs try to separate the already developed eggs from the eggs you're not sure of that they're good. The mold spreads pretty quick and I've seen good eggs go bad cause they caught the mold laying next to a bad egg. Some say good eggs don't get affected by the mold no matter what. I've seen something different though.

The larvae like ripe water which doesn't need to be changed that much. They prefer a little bit of dirty circumstances. Brineshrimp (freshly hatched) are great in the beginning, but you can give them tubifex pretty quick. They're really cannibalistic, so keep that in mind. Good luck raising the larvae. You will enjoy it.

Thank you very much Neil! I will update on their development!

Well they're looking well :)
u8aqe8aq.jpg

eqa6y5y5.jpg

uhy8y2uz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back