Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Fish pellets and guppies

S

stipe

Hey,
I acidently droped a prity big hard fish pellet in the tank and my axie ate it as soon as he could grab it. He liked it aloot i never seen him so excited, and plus i just feb him like 1 min befor i droped the pellet. Is it alright for me to feed him the fish pellets from now on even though there hard, because he still eats them are fish pellets healthy? lol sounds like a dumb wuestion but im just curios.

also i hear that gupppies dont eat the axies gill and are safe to have in the tank. my axie wont eat them and if i keep the axies full they (i think) wont touch them. is it alright o keep them in the same tank? because one of the guppies is pragnet and she wont reprodce in my other tanks becuse thier no plants.

I may sound stupid but i just want to know, lol.
thanks, stipe.

S

sharn

you need to compare the nutritional value between the fish pellets and some axie pellets. they might not contain enough of the right stuff. also its commonly said around here that keeping fish with axies is a no-no. guppies are big disease carriers and you dont want that getting into your axolotl tank. theres been alot of mixing disaster stories around here. if you are that intent on letting your girl have babies why not get her a tiny breeding tank? or take the plants from your axie tank and put them in with her now.

S

stipe

thanks for the advice. i'll get a new tank for them to breed. thier current tank is too small for plants etc.

thanks sharn

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1