Salamander jokes...

IanF

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ian Faux
Hey guys, I know this sounds weird but I was bored which eventually led to me looking up jokes involving salamanders and such...and only one thing came up. This -
A man walks in to a bar with a newt on his shoulder and orders a beer , the barman says whats that on your shoulder ? , the man replies thats my pet newt and his name is tiny , why do you call him tiny asks the barman ? and the man replies because he is my newt ! .

Mabey I'm just slow but I don't find that very funny. Anyone got any good ones?

Minute! Ha ha. I get it...now. :)

minute is tiny? That is hilarious after you look it up.

Hee hee hee.

I like it, it's a very clever play on words. I think it's one of those jokes that needs to be spoken aloud though rather than reading it silently to yourself.

That reminds me of Sal, a man dear to my heart.

*Feeling stupid* I get it now....:eek: 7 hours later...

If i understood it right, the joke is that "minute" sounds just like "my newt". Not eassy for us non-native english people. Mind you i hope that´s the joke xDDD if not i´m going to feel retarded....

My first language is english... and it still took me awhile, like havelock said you've got to read it outloud. :rolleyes:

Minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My god,my son off eight explaned!Again and again and aigan!
And than I endly was hearing wat he was saying!!:blush::violent::D

Ian thanks,maybe slow but also on a nice way diffelcult and specially when you are not english speaking.
Petro

Before we go setting misconceptions for the non-native English speaking world about the pronunciation of "minute", let's make it clear. Forgive me if you already know the difference but think of this as insurance against misinformation!

"Minute" is a unit of time, and the first syllable rhymes with "bin" (as in rubbish bin), and the second syllable sounds like "nut" (the things squirrels like eat).

"Minute" applied to size is pronounced with the first syllable rhyming with "mine" (as in don't step on that mine, it's mine), and the second syllable sounds like "newt" (as in Caudata.org).

Before we go setting misconceptions for the non-native English speaking world about the pronunciation of "minute", let's make it clear. Forgive me if you already know the difference but think of this as insurance against misinformation!

"Minute" is a unit of time, and the first syllable rhymes with "bin" (as in rubbish bin), and the second syllable sounds like "nut" (the things squirrels like eat).

"Minute" applied to size is pronounced with the first syllable rhyming with "mine" (as in don't step on that mine, it's mine), and the second syllable sounds like "newt" (as in Caudata.org).

Thanks John,
I did now and from the way my son talks he also.But can also tell you that this info will be :D
going to be given more fun then we already hat this evening! (Because the way of speaking out)
Petro

Dont you find it funny that one little joke can spark a page of replies.
But I guess I have just added to it!
:ha:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back