Salamandering in the Fall

T

tylototriton

Went out looking for Spring Salamanders today (Gyrinophilus), although we were in the right location, we were unable to find any. We did find these red-backs (Plethodon cinereus), they're mundane, but the color morph fascinates me. Just thought I would share.

Alex

Attachments

• PA180690.jpg
    PA180690.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 431
  • PA180691.jpg
    PA180691.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 336
  • PA180697.jpg
    PA180697.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 380
Very cool, I wish I could go out and find amphibians..stupid cold Alaska...T_T

Nice...the only species of newt here in Hong Kong is P. Hongkongensis T_T

It says they only live near the coast, like South east, I live in central Alaska.
I've only been able to find some wood frogs lol.

Wood frogs are pretty awesome too. Nothin' like freezing solid in the winter!

Yeah, Wood Frogs are one intense frog, and they are pretty attractive too.

Wood frogs are great, the only amphibian I can find around here, save Bufo.

That left one's coloration is interesting. Almost like a brick red. My biology teacher just found a pink morph P. cinereus, very rare and cool.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back