Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Light T.verr

xxianxx

Reaction score
These are pics of my T.verr tank and a light one I just found, they are supposed to be the dark form, the dark one in the pic is representative of the others in the tank. Is this an unusual T.verr ? I am unfamiliar with the species, mr cyclone sent me some eggs a while back, thanks.
xxianxx-albums-t-verr-tank-light-morph-picture25188-t-verr-tank-light-morph-246.jpg
xxianxx-albums-t-verr-tank-light-morph-picture25189-t-verr-tank-light-morph-263.jpg
xxianxx-albums-t-verr-tank-light-morph-picture25187-t-verr-tank-light-morph-216.jpg

methodik

Reaction score
If it's anything similar to H. orientalis (only species I had larvae of so far) I would say larvae are just highly variable and can have body colours that differ quite a lot from their adult stage.

mr cyclone

Reaction score
I agree with julia to an extent most of them will darken to the same colour although you may be lucky getting a variant it is doubtfull though keep an eye on it!
Myself and Martin both had 2 variants when rasing them but they died or got eaten long before morphing time.
Nice work

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Personally I say it might be a variant individual however like Aaron and Julia said it might slowly change to a darker colour. However, it morphed the same time as the others and looks of similar size so could be a Variation :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!