Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Shipping 1-inch axolotls???

paperpanda2345

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I was just curious if any of you guys heard/or have shipped 1-1.5 inch axolotls? I've always been told that, at that age they would be too young to ship and thus not survive the voyage. But I've heard that some breeders were able to do wholesale with axolotls at that age and succeed. Anybody know the process on how they do shipping like this? :confused: I'm curious because I'm only familiar with shipping about 3 inch axolotls, and if I could wholesale them at this age I totally would!

Axolotlee

Reaction score
There is a lady called Jules askolotyl on YouTube she would be able to answer that 4 sure she breeds,ships and raises them although since they have to eat everyday I don't know maybe overnight in as many baggy you can split them up in with cattappa mini leaves in the bag. They should be ok overnight. A whole bunch of little baggies of axies a cold pack bubble wrap to line the box put all the bag goes in the cold bag and inside a box lined with styrophom . keep cool,please handle with care,keep upright do not throw,live animals all should be written on box

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
You should expect less success with shipping the tiny ones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!