What species would be suited to this particular vivarium?

Crysta

Reaction score
Country
China
Display Name
Cloudy
I have an empty vivarium, that I've never put to use before, as I've never really came to a decision on what I'd like it to house.

I know that I want a semi aquatic specimen in there, but I'd like some more input, as I simply can't come to a decision.

I have thought about housing a yellow bellied slider turtle in there, but I'm partial to semi aquatic amphibians, either way I can't make up my mind.

about the Viv:
it has a mesh screen lid, it's 14" high, 12"deep and 24" wide. however, it has a small vent starting at 5" up from the bottom on one side, so water can be up to 4" high. It's completely square, no other specifics to add.

crysta-albums-profile-picture13970-untitled.jpg

Any species suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've given it some more thought and think that this viv would be perfect for fire bellied toads, but I would still like some species suggestions if anyone has any :)

My aim with this viv is to make it as interesting looking as possible - quite 3D, and natural looking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back