Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ambystoma mavortium mavortium bred in the USA

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to add, these salamanders did not live outside. They did not live in a "cold basement",at least not one that went below 14 degrees C (55F) ever. I put them in my garage on Saturday so they could hear and see the storms that rolled through this week (it has windows and a lot of space for breeding).

Niels D

Reaction score
That's great news. Congratulations! We had some "bad" weather in The Netherlands last couple of days, but I haven't seen any mating. While they were aquatic the first weeks, they now suddenly cling to the floating debris to raise themselves out of the water. I just wait a couple of days, before I put them back on land again.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I did fridge them. Yes, it's a blow up pool.

I didn't fridge all of them though, so I'm testing if that's actually necessary for that race, as I've seen similar behaviour in previous years in response to storms, but they didn't have a breeding pool.

JTinker92

Reaction score
wow simply an amazing and beautiful sight to see congratz on your accomplishment cant wait to see and hear more on this.:D

Linus

Reaction score
Great work John!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo! I'll be trying with my mavortium, possibly this time next year using the Ed method.

I would be very interested in raising some larvae if you are willing to part with any. I've raised many tiger larvae.

Creekratt

Reaction score
I wanted to add, these salamanders did not live outside. They did not live in a "cold basement",at least not one that went below 14 degrees C (55F) ever. I put them in my garage on Saturday so they could hear and see the storms that rolled through this week (it has windows and a lot of space for breeding).
Yea found it! This stuff is gold! Never gave these guys a second thought on how good they can hear. I've been avoiding a facebook acc. but it just might be worth bit after all! Thanx for sharing John 🤘

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!