Hi from Ontario, Canada

KenBoorman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just wanted to say hi. I'm an Aussie who has been living in Canada since 2000. I used to have axoltls when I was young (many, many years ago) back in Australia and my interest in them has been rekindled. I hope to get some again soon.
I have 34 working aquariums and keep most types of freshwater fishes. I also keep some finches - I wasn't kept busy enough with the fish LOL

Ken.
Chatham, Ontario

Cheers Ken and welcome to the forum. Quite a collection you have!

Welcome to the forum, you certainly have a lot of aquariums they must keep you busy.
The temperature in Canada must be a lot better suited to axolotls than that in australia, I rely on a chiller during the summer because it gets so warm.

Looking forward to hearing about your axies when you get them

ahah temp in canada in the summer can get 40 plus with humidity so we also stuggle with temp sometimes in the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back