Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Herping Trip- Mar 27-Apr 03, 2010 (Open Invite)

freves

Reaction score
I hate that I missed you guys, especially since I am in the area. Maybe next year.
Chip

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
How far west do you all make it in NC? It was actually a little early for the elevation at Mt Mitchell, a couple more weeks of these temps and a little rain and it should really be good.
We were near Mt. Rogers just north of the NC border.

I hate that I missed you guys, especially since I am in the area. Maybe next year.
Chip
I thought of you, Chip, as I drove down for a solo Mt. Rogers trip on Thursday, but I didn't have the contact info to hand. Really, to get in on this trip requires proactivity - there are too many balls in the air for Justin to keep track of us all on his own.

freves

Reaction score
We were near Mt. Rogers just north of the NC border.

I thought of you, Chip, as I drove down for a solo Mt. Rogers trip on Thursday, but I didn't have the contact info to hand. Really, to get in on this trip requires proactivity - there are too many balls in the air for Justin to keep track of us all on his own.

Well I had planned on meeting up with everyone on Saturday because I was in the Roanoke area anyway. I suppose that maybe I should have had the address beforehand however I thought that I would just be able to call Justin and plug the address into my garmin. I didn't know that his cellphone was not working. In any case there is always (?) next year. Perhaps we could also arrange some sort of caudata.org meeting at the MARS/IAD event in September.
Chip

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd rather go to Washington.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone that attended this year and made it memorable. There were 14 or 15 people here this year from a total of 6 states. Although the weather could have been better we still saw 49 species of herps, 25 of them being salamanders. Needless to say I can't complain......much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!