Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Game of Thrones

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I've purchased the first two books . I have a very short attention span ( I blame the kids) so I am getting through the first slowly. I am really enjoying it :D I recently watched an episode on tv and really enjoyed that too....I then realised I desperately need to get on with the reading before the tv version catches up with me.:eek:

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
I've purchased the first two books . I have a very short attention span ( I blame the kids) so I am getting through the first slowly. I am really enjoying it :D I recently watched an episode on tv and really enjoyed that too....I then realised I desperately need to get on with the reading before the tv version catches up with me.:eek:

It won't catch you up dont worry they need to make at least another 8 series before the entire ASOIAF (A Song Of Ice And Fire) saga is over (I am not understand some people saying "I hope they make another series" I don't think most people realise its based on a book) lol

The books are great I think, loved reading them and might start reading them again!! haha :) I am a bit of a fanatic though when it comes to the ASOIAF and HBO's Game of Thrones so I would be biased :p

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT

Kind of confused with episode 6. I thought Winterfell was sacked a little later in the books, does it seem like its moving a little fast paced? I'm kind of wary of how they're deviating Arya's story, but I hope all goes accordingly! (psyched for the Red Wedding and the Siege)

I haven't read them in a few years, so my memory might be a little clouded. :/

*SPOILER DONT READ*

Winterfell was Sacked in "A Clash Of Kings" in the books by the Bastard son of Roose Bolton and the Men of House Stark and the other Houses stationed there such as the Cassel were betrayed (which is shown in the TV series)...however it just magically gets sacked in the TV series which I think was a silly way of doing it, as you miss out characters such as Ramsey Snow (aka Bolton, Reek) and also Roose Bolton who hardly gets mentioned in the TV series as his parts at Harrenhal are wiped clean from it, taking away a lot of the story and future parts of it.

daedae

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. There needs to be some more fleshing out of characters like Ramsey and Roose for the upcoming scenes. (Rhymes with sneak!) We'll just have to see!

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. There needs to be some more fleshing out of characters like Ramsey and Roose for the upcoming scenes. (Rhymes with sneak!) We'll just have to see!

Yeah guess we can only wait till April! lol I bet that Ramsey and Roose will have bigger parts to play in the next few series, especially Ramsey as he will be the new Joffery I imagine lol

2gsom

Reaction score
Sounds Like I will have to source the books. I have enjoyed the TV series. don't know if I can wait till next year without finding out what happens next.:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1