The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 8th June 2018   #1
Wyvell
(Wyvell)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Wyvell has shown reliable knowledgeWyvell has shown reliable knowledge
Question 34 hours of driving with an axolotl

Hello everyone!
I am moving from Illinois to Oregon in August and I was hoping to get some ideas about how to transport my axolotl. I was thinking of getting a cooler, filling it with ice and setting my axolotl in a container atop the ice for the drive. We are making this at least a 2 day trip, so water changes would be needed and I was also thinking of getting one of the emergency air pumps that run on D batteries and putting a 10 gallon sponge filer in with her if the container would be big enough. We are also transporting a 55 gallon tank with some really big (8 or more inch) African Cichlids (but they are really hardy and don't need to stay cold).
Any feedback on my idea is appreciated, I just hope the move doesn't stress her out too much. I also plan to fast her so she doesn't make a mess in her container.
Thanks for your time guys!

Wyvell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moving axoltls