The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 8th June 2018   #1
Sherri
(sherrisixxx)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: sherrisixxx has shown reliable knowledge
Default Axolotls on BBC news. Safety or death?

Hi there,

Just saw this on the news. I can't quite understand if the nuns are trying to save the species or are mainly breeding them to use them as an ingredient in a cough syrup? Makes me a bit sick. I researched the cough syrup,and its difficult to find any info in English, but the ingredients include axolotl, huh.Here is the link to the news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...rom-extinction

sherrisixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018   #2
nai live
(xxianxx)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Axolotls on BBC news. Safety or death?

There was an interesting article on radio four about this. The nuns have breed axolotls to make medicine for years, their expertise is going to be used to help keep the axolotl from extinction.

Tags
axolotl, medicine, mexico, nuns