The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

Old 2nd March 2005   #1
davis

Gallery Images:
Comments:
Default Yonahlossee Salamander Replica

I am looking for a vinyl replica yonahlossee salamander, made by Safari,Ltd. as part of the Tennessee Aquarium Collection. The series has been discontinued and now unavailable in on-line stores as well as gift shops that i would have expected it to be available. if anybody knows where i can purchase one i would be most appreciative.

Old 2nd March 2005   #2
paris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

e bay....., do you have the mud puppy?-that one is hard to get too.

Old 2nd March 2005   #3
rafael

Gallery Images:
Comments:

In Brazil it's not exists... Click the image to open in full size.

Old 2nd March 2005   #4
matt

Gallery Images:
Comments:

http://www.jalts.com/nature/safari/replica.htm

I take it you've already tried these people?

Old 2nd March 2005   #5
edward

Gallery Images:
Comments:

So my collection of salamander replicas has gone up in value? I have entire set from the Tennessee Aquarium.

Ed

Old 3rd March 2005   #6
kim

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Oooo i just took alook at them!.. i'd love some.. shame they are in the usa!

Old 3rd March 2005   #7
paris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

actually i both buy and sell on ebay (user name paris.r) and i ship and receive packages from all over the globe. you can check with the vendors to see if they will ship to you and how much-things like those are sold on a regular basis (its usually the p ruber that they have alot of) i just purchased 3 old postcards of caudates from england-so countries are not barriers to getting some cool stuff.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 3rd March 2005   #8
pamela

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I love the replicas! I want some! I used to have the cooolest glow-in-the-dark slug. Eventually he got all covered w/dog hair, had to let him go.

The postcards are great. I saw some prints for auction recently, just couldn't afford them at the time. I think I'll draw some instead (charcoal and pastels).

I had some really neat poison dart frog replicas also - had them tucked in all my plants for "effect". Unfortunately my dog spied them (all) and chewed their legs off...

Old 3rd March 2005   #9
william

Gallery Images:
Comments:

how many salamanders did they make? i love the marbled salamander

Old 4th August 2005   #10
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

If anybody is looking for the yonahlossee
salamander replica I just bought one near
where I live and they have a lot of them..

Old 10th August 2005   #11
greg

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Paris,

They made a Necturus? wow. It took me years to get the Aneides!! Ended up that I found them in the store room for the museum giftshop!! I bought 'em out.

greg

Old 27th August 2005   #12
davis

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'm still looking and interested, if anybody knows where Yonahlossee replicas are.....

Old 1st September 2005   #13
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

They were commissioned by the Tennessee Aquarium for a special exhibit, cleverly named "Salamanders!", a couple years ago.

Guess they were tired of frogs getting all the cute replicas Click the image to open in full size.

You might call their gift shop: 800-262-0695

Old 17th December 2008   #14
Brad
(Brad Mason)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Brad Mason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yonahlossee Saamander Replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
I'm still looking and interested, if anybody knows where Yonahlossee replicas are.....
Davis, did you ever find a Yonahlossee replica? If you know where to find any of these replicas please let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008   #15
Daniel
(Daniel)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 33
Comments: 7
Rep: Daniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Yonahlossee Saamander Replica

Brad, please don't dig out all those old threads - this one is more than 2 years old.
John already gave an answer to dave's question so you might try the phone number given.

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replica, salamander, yonahlossee

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 52 (Set)

Alejandro, Aneides, Axel01, Badmungo, beefsteak, benw, Brad Mason, BwKilcoyne, Cheese88, Coastal Groovin, Coggie, craig, Daniel, eFaN, exotics, freves, frogman, Greatwtehunter, Greewok, grunsven, hovey, Jan, Jari B, Jennewt, John, josh, Kaysie, KennyDB, KevinS, kimbo, Lauravl4, lchakan, michael, micstarz, mitchell101, molarlion, Molch, Neotenic_Jaymes, newtron, Notread, onetwentysix, Otterwoman, paullism, rkp, Scorpion, Shadow, simon, taherman, TheMattSign, Todd Pierson, Zach42